The Digital Economy Program
Your Customers Are Online.
You Should be Too.
What is the Digital Economy Program?
The Digital Economy Program is delivered by Business Link in collaboration with Digital Main Street. It is funded by the Government of Alberta and Prairies Economic Development Canada. It is a free service designed to help your small business expand online. This program will help your small business undergo digital transformations and adopt eCommerce practices. The program can help your business:
- Improve your ability to reach customers
- Increase sales
- Elevate your business’ online presence
Participating small businesses will receive access to a Digital Service Specialist to help you adopt eCommerce best practices that are essential to success in today’s business environment.
Digital Service Specialist (DSS)
Your Digital Service Specialist is focused on providing 1-on-1 assistance and digital services to small businesses in any region of Alberta. The DSS will be available through local business support providers this fall through March 31, 2023
Are You Eligible?
You have a business registered in Alberta (Indigenous owned businesses that are not registered in Alberta may still be eligible, please contact the DEP Program Coordinator directly)
- You have 0-49 employees
- Your business is registered in Alberta
- You are not a franchise operation or charitable trust
Services may include:
- 1-on-1 digital transformation support
- Social media strategy
- Show you how to build a basic website
- Google My Business set up support
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) support
- Help set up a POS solution
- Create customer databases
- Streamline business processes with digital tools
- Take product photos